Just a few photos and memories of a dear friend who passed away after a
short illness on Sunday night, May 17th. Bruno was my parents' dog, but
he always had a special place in my heart.|
Special memories include:
In summary, Bruno was a great friend, who battled against the adversity
of epilepsy for much of his life, but despite his problems was always
glad to see friends.
- The day we picked him up, and he travelled home looking back over
my shoulder at the brothers and sisters he was leaving, and dribbling
over my jumper
- The early days
- flea infestation on the first night, they were soon shown the door
- not on the furniture - the first Christmas was spent as a goalie
trying to save this little bundle of fun from leaping onto the sofa.
- The inquisitive Bruno - from his nose buried in an empty coffee
mug, to the car key chewer (picture 4), to the tree stump digger.
- Bruno the destroyer - next to nothing was safe - squeaky toys stood
no chance, even rope toys were shredded. The Kong survived, as did the
solid plastic ball which was too big for his mouth...
- Bruno the adventurer - he loved his walks, around the local fields,
swimming in his water hole, and the sea.
- Bruno the poser - point a camera at him, and he knew - and would
just turn and give that look (pictures 2,3 and 5)
- Bruno the bouncer - the welcome was always enthusiastic, and you
had to be ready for him when you opened the door as if you were a
regular you'd get bounced.
On his last day I was glad to be able see him, although he definately
wasn't himself he was still able to greet me with a wag of the tail and
his trademark licks. However, his breathing was laboured, and he looked
completely exhausted - and most noticeably he wasn't interested in
going for a walk. Thankfully, he didn't seem to suffer, and the pain
was soon over - the memories we'll keep will be the happy ones, and I
hope that whereever he has gone he's being the Bru we all remember and
causing trouble whereever he goes !!